[j-nsp] Duplicate IP addresses on interfaces

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Sep 30 15:31:57 EDT 2008

Once upon a time, Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net> said:
> I can't find a single legitimate reason for this behavior to exist. It
> doesn't let you use both interfaces simultaniously, it doesn't let you
> pre-stage a circuit move so you can move the link from one port to
> another

It does for circuits that have valid link-state (i.e. not ethernet).
For example, we've had a T1 customer move to a new location, which
requires ordering a new local loop.  We copy the provisioning from the
old loop to the new loop, and when the customer moves, they unplug their
CPE from the old loop, drive to the new location, and plug into the new
loop, and it just works.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>