[j-nsp] Interconnecting logical routers via FPC3-E

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Sat Apr 18 01:29:36 EDT 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:57 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a question about interconnection logical-routers on M320 via
> FPC3-E.
> Interconnection should be internal (not via physical ports) and
> limited to
> 10Ge for example.
>
> What kind of configuration do I need for such logical connection - I
> belive
> no other HW is needed for that.
>
> Tnx for answers.
>
> Robert

You need a logical tunnel (lt) interface. That requires either a
tunnel PIC, AS PIC, or MS PIC.

Assuming you have an lt interface, the configuration looks like this:

logical-systems {
     R11 {
         interfaces {
             lt-1/1/0 {
                 unit 2 {
                     description "R11 LR to Default LR on unit 1";
                     encapsulation vlan;
                     vlan-id 1;
                     peer-unit 1;
                     family inet {
                         address 192.168.21.6/30;
                     }
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}
interfaces {
     lt-1/1/0 {
         unit 1 {
             description "Default LR to R11 LR on unit 2";
             encapsulation vlan;
             vlan-id 1;
             peer-unit 2;
             family inet {