[j-nsp] Eth Wan Port vs Eth Lan Port

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Tue Apr 21 00:59:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

If you specified the type of router you are using, it might help to
understand your question. If your provider is delivering ethernet to
you, you can use ethernet as the technology to connect to them...
there is no distinction between WAN or LAN. Now, there is difference
between 10GE WAN Phy vs. 10GE LAN Phy... the WAN Phy is using SONET/
SDH framing with ethernet payload .... I assume you are not using this.

Truman Boyes