[j-nsp] ISG dropping BGP Keepalives

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Thu Apr 30 08:08:41 EDT 2009

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately the information you provided is not really helpful :)

All the cases with unexpected packet dropping are usually tied with
wrong policy, zones or routing.
So you should consider those things as well as provide them here to be
more informative.

But I believe, instead of theoretical research, the best way to resolve
you trouble is to use a sort of brute force method called debug :)

Here are the commands you need:

set ff src-ip <peer1> dst-ip <peer2>
set ff src-ip <peer2> dst-ip <peer1>

clear db
debug flow basic
get db stream

Than you should see all the packet processing steps for particular
packets matched against flow filters configured above. If you see any
"packet dropped" notification, than the answer is a line or two above it.

Than type 'undeb all' or just press escape and two times 'uns ff' to
clear flow filters.

--
Pavel