[j-nsp] ex4200 throughput trouble on 10GE interface

Michael mschedrin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:32:12 EDT 2009

2009/8/4 Alex <alex.arseniev at gmail.com>

> Michael,
> Is the throughput impaired only during peak times? Does throughput improve
> after peak hours?

Traffic goes down in offpeak time to 1G. Difference between inbound and
outbound traffic cannot be seen. The next day peak time the situation
repeats - outbound traffic reaches a limit and does not go upper. Reboot
resolves the situation.

> Are there any drops/errors on this interface?

 On both sides there are no errors and drops. I check them by "show
interfaces xe-0/1/0 extensive" command.

> Is uplink sending you (perhaps too many) PAUSE frames?

Uplink is connected to catalyst 6500:
c6500-BGW-XL#sh int te3/6 | i flow
  input flow-control is on, output flow-control is off
So as I see uplink shouldn't send pause frames.
On ex4200:
> show interfaces xe-0/1/0 | match Flow
  Source filtering: Disabled, Flow control: Enabled
May be I should try to disable flow control on juniper interface?