[j-nsp] router protect policy

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Aug 5 11:11:58 EDT 2009

I'm trying to form a router protect policy on an EX3200 that is being used as a layer3 border device receiving default routes only (temporary until it's replaced by an M series). I was able to create a policy that works fine for EX series running layer2 only services. Are there any examples or templates to look at?

Another engineer offered this:
ROUTER-PROTECT
term SEQ-100 {
     from {
         source-address {
             0.0.0.0/0;
         }
         source-prefix-list {
             NMS-NETWORKS except;
         }
         destination-port [ telnet ssh ftp ftp-data snmp ntp ];
     }
     then {
         syslog;
         discard;
     }
}
term SEQ-200 {
     from {
         source-address {
             0.0.0.0/0;
         }
         source-prefix-list {
             BGP-NEIGHBORS except;
         }
         destination-port bgp;
     }
     then {
         discard;
     }
}
term SEQ-300 {
     then accept;
}

My problem is that the EX is barfing on the source-prefix-list command. As such:
firewall {
    family inet {
        filter ROUTER-PROTECT {
            term SEQ-100 {
                from {
                    source-address {
                        0.0.0.0/0;
                    }
                    ##
                    ## Warning: configuration block ignored: unsupported platform (ex3200-24t)
                    ##
                    source-prefix-list {
                        NMS-NETWORKS;
                    }
                    destination-port [ ssh telnet snmp ftp ftp-data ntp ];
                }
                then accept;
            }
            term SEQ-200 {
                from {
                    ##
                    ## Warning: configuration block ignored: unsupported platform (ex3200-24t)
                    ##
                    source-prefix-list {
                        BGP-OSPF-NEIGHBORS;
                    }
                    protocol ospf;
                    destination-port bgp;
                }
                then accept;
            }
            term SEQ-300 {
                then accept;
            }
        }
    }

So in essence, I'm looking for a policy that will achieve the same goal that can actually be placed on a ex series.

Thank you

-b

--
Bill Blackford