[j-nsp] VRRP in Olive?

pat lynch patrick at lynchehaun.net
Thu Aug 6 10:05:27 EDT 2009

All.

This patched works with the lastest qemu stream,
http://juniper.cluepon.net/index.php/Olive; confirmed working on junos 9.3
:-

Since previous entries in other wikis, qemu's main tree has all of the
support on the ethernet adapter side, multicast side, etc, to work natively
out of the box.

In Qemu version 0.9.1, Stefan's multicast code has a check which i'm still
decoding to solve properly that exits nic_receive before multicast frames
make it to the CPU. I'm no developer, but this simple workaround will enable
native qemu without any patch files, shady chinese translated forums, or
modifications of jemu code.

Obtain the qemu source from the project website. The file hw/eepro100.c as
of 0.9.1 has this line in the function nic_receive, comment the 'return'
out.

       int mcast_idx = compute_mcast_idx(buf);
       if (!(s->mult[mcast_idx >> 3] & (1 << (mcast_idx & 7)))) {
               //Commented out by JP Senior (sartan) Wed June 23 2008, this
needs to be fixed
           //return;
       }
       rfd_status |= 0x0002;