[j-nsp] JNCIP question: do I have to config forwarding table policy to actually load balance?

Yue Min smartsuites at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:44:13 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

in Harry's JNCIP book, there're several places where load balancing is
required, such as in ospf and bgp. besides configuring protocols to
have multiple next-hop show up in routing table, do I have to
configure forwarding-table export policy like this to actually install
multiple next-hop in forwarding table?

policy-options {
    policy-statement load-balance-per-flow {
        then {
            load-balance per-packet;
        }
    }
}

routing-options {
    forwarding-table {
        export load-balance-per-flow;
    }
}

thanks in advance for anyone to help me out on this.

mmacrohard