[j-nsp] M7i Hard Disk Replacement

Brendan Mannella bmannella at teraswitch.com
Wed Aug 19 10:23:42 EDT 2009

Ok so per the link below i bought a 32Gb Transcent SSD (Model#TS32GSSD25-S) set the jumper to CS and tried turn the device on...No Go. Disk is not seen. Next i set the jumper to slave, same result. To rule out the disk a bad, i connected it to a regular PC with a Laptop to IDE cable and the drive is seen fine by the bios of the system.

Has anyone had this trouble trying to get a SSD disk to work with a M7i (RE-400). I am running JUNOS 8.3R4.3 on the system, could this be the cause? If JUNOS is too old, what is the latest VERY STABLE release? Something in the 9.3 area?

Any info is appreciated.