[j-nsp] OSPF route is not propagating in VRF

Mustafa Golam - mustafa.golam at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:41:28 EDT 2009

Hi List,
We are currently having some challenges with redistribution of routes from
the
new multisite M120 routers  to the old  M7 routers. Is there Any one who
can
provide some  insight in resolving this?

Currently MPBGP routes on PE M120 routers received in the Gn vrf from remote
 sites are redistributed into OSPF in order to be advertised to the Gn-VRF
of the
old packet-switched Network. The M7 routers in the old mpbn receives these
routes
 as Type 5 routes and installs them in the OSPF database of Gn-VRF but these

external routes are not injected into the routing table of the Gn-VRF on the
M7
routers hence the old Core routers have no knowledge of remote routes in its

routing table.
Interestingly the GGSN[ M20 Router] in the old PS Core  has the same routes
in its Gn-VRF  ospf database and has subsequently installed these routes
into
the Gn-VRF.

Kindly advise on action to take to resolve this.
If you need any further info, let me know.

*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` *Mustafa Golam,CCIE(..)'.'`,.
-.*.-JNCIS,RHCE,CC{D,I,N,S,V}P`et. al.'.'`,..
    Email  : mustafa.golam at gmail.com
    GSM: +234-(7034174940)/+234-(7060460120)
      http://journey2ccie.wordpress.com/
Skype        : mustafagolam
GoogleTalk : mustafa.golam at gmail.com
Yahoo        : mustafa.golam at yahoo.com