[j-nsp] meaning/cause of syslog messages

Steven Brenchley bresteven at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 12:28:02 EDT 2009

Hi Dave,
    Are you seeing any issues that correlate with this message or is it more
of an annoyance?

    Two other resources you can also check is to run bug searches and the
'>help syslog' command at the CLI.  I ran through both and wasn't able to
find anything on these messages.  I think it's time to open a ticket with
jtac.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Dave Kruger
<dave.kruger at mtnbusiness.co.za>wrote:

> Hi List
>
> I just want to find out what you use to determine the cause of obscure
> syslog messages.
>
> Is there a juniper equivalent to cisco's error message decoder somewhere
> on juniper.net that I cant find?
>
> For instance - we have a M120 that barfs about:
>
>  /kernel: if_pfe_peek_peer_info: PFE_MSG_PEER_INFO_CMD_IDL IDR decode
> failed
>  /kernel: pfe_listener_connect: conn established: tnpaddr=0x5
>
> once every minute.
>
> A google search for PFE_MSG_PEER_INFO_CMD_IDL yields nothing, and I also
> see nothing about PFE_MSG or IDL or IDR on system log message reference
> for my version
> <
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos93/syslog-messages/noframes-expandedTOC.html
> >

> Just want to make sure I've pursued all possible avenues before
> bothering jtac
>
> thanks
> Dave

Steven Brenchley