[j-nsp] M7i compact flash card

Nalkhande Tarique Abbas ntarique at juniper.net
Thu Aug 20 12:38:56 EDT 2009

Basically, the CF cards for each of the packages have been exclusively
qualified for each type of RE & hence the presence of different upgrade
kits.

For instance,

If you look at the upgrade kits, you can use the kit CF-UPG2-1G-S for
RE-400 and RE-850, which is for M7i and M10i. The CF card will be
interchangeable on these two RE types.

The kit CF-UPG3-1G-S is for RE-600 and RE-1600. These RE's are present
on
M5,M10,M20,M40,M40e,M160,T320,T640,TX,M320 respectively. So the CF cards
are interchangeable amongst these routing platforms, provided the
customer has the respective Routing engine models.

And hence its recommended to use Juniper CF for above platforms.

However for J-series, third party CFs are supported.. details below:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/jseries/junos90/rn-jseries-90/s
upported-third-party-hardware.html

Hope it helps!

Thanks & Regards,