[j-nsp] Trunking routed vlan interfaces on a Juniper mx960

Michael Phung cytogen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:23:53 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I just got my hands on a Juniper mx router and I'm starting the
initial config in preparation to convert from Cisco. As I configure
the interfaces, I can't seem to figure our how to create a routed vlan
interface and have the ability to trunk it down multiple physical
interfaces. I've looked up on the the web but was unable to find
anything that direct describes what I'm trying to achieve.

Below is a sample config from a Cisco;

!
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree vlan 200 priority 8192
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/1
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 200
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/10
 switchport
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 200
 switchport mode trunk
 switchport nonegotiate
!
interface Vlan200
 ip address 10.10.10.2 255.255.255.192
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 no ip proxy-arp
 standby ip 10.10.10.1
!

Can this be done on a MX router? if so, can a sample config be provided?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael