[j-nsp] Trunking routed vlan interfaces on a Juniper mx960

Dave Diller dave at maxgigapop.net
Fri Aug 21 19:28:08 EDT 2009

> Interface-mode knob is more user-friendly in that, when you
> configure it in access or trunk mode with either vlan-id or vlan-id-
> list respectively, the interface is automatically  associated with
> the corresponding bridge-domain.

That's interesting, I didn't have that experience, and I just
coincidentally tried it an hour ago on 9.5R1.8.

I added a new vlan 555 to two trunked interfaces:

unit 0 {
     family bridge {
         interface-mode trunk;
         vlan-id-list [ 104 555 ];
     }
}

but I could not ping across until I manually added it to the bridge-
domain:

dave at lab-MX480> show configuration bridge-domains
test {
     vlan-id-list [ 101-106 555 ];
}

Do I need some magic sauce to allow it to automatically associate?

-dd