[j-nsp] SRX210 3G express card

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Fri Dec 4 06:33:15 EST 2009

Hi Kenny

> Can anybody recommand a service provider/carrier that sells 3G express cards which are supported and work in SRX210 router in australia?

The only carrier I've had experience with is Telstra Business via their NextG network.  You'll need the Telstra "Elite Card" or the "Turbo Card" which are re-badged Sierra Wireless 880E/881Es

>  If so can some provide a expample of an configuration.  My primary aim is to use the 3g wireless link as backup from primary DSL link.

There is some good configuration examples on the Juniper website:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/information-products/topic-collections/hardware/srx-series/srx210/530-031879-srx210-3g-getting-started-guide.pdf

For reference, the dial string for Telstra is 99.  Let me know if you get stuck and I'll dig up a working config.