[j-nsp] Juniper 10GE XFP

Martin Levin martin.levin at molndal.se
Mon Dec 14 05:20:20 EST 2009

Ah, unfortunately that's no longer exactly true.

Juniper doesn't vendor lock, all vendors work (sort of, I had trouble
with certain XFPs in EX4200 so buyer beware!) but certain functions
might not. As of now the only thing they have locked out if the XFP/SFP
are not Juniper are DOM/DDM. Other functions might follow, who knows.
This only applies to EX, in other Juniper products all things should
work.

---
Martin Levin
IT-strategy & planning