[j-nsp] bfd = busted failure detection :)

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Dec 15 01:59:04 EST 2009

On Monday 14 December 2009 05:23:45 pm Richard A Steenbergen
wrote:

> Oh what good timing, just had to reboot a router tonight
>  to recover from a differnet Juniper bug (enabling
>  graceful-switchover on a 9.5R3 box caused blackholing of
>  traffic, disabling it didn't fix it, had to reboot the
>  box to clear the issue which of course blew away all the
>  state, so there will be no finding the root cause).

Sorry to side-track the thread a bit, but curious whether
you had NSR or Graceful Restart enabled when the bug hit.

We chose to wait for 9.5R4, but would like to be sure this
won't be an issue when we upgrade. However, we're a Graceful
Switchover + Graceful Restart house. No NSR.

Cheers,

Mark.