[j-nsp] Track-ip

Curtis Call ccall at juniper.net
Tue Dec 15 11:39:39 EST 2009

> I need to have a backup adsl and the srx to failover to the adsl when
> the primary fails.Everyone says to do it with event scripts but its not
> very clear on how to do it.
>
> Anyone has any  template config or instruction on how to configure an
> event script for monitoring the gateway of an interface?

Hello,

Juniper recently released the second booklet of the Junos Automation Series, which covers event scripts.  You can download the PDF for free here:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/day-one-guides/7100110-en.pdf

The Appendix includes an example event script "Static Route Next-Hop Watcher" that you could likely modify to achieve the results you are looking for.

There are also a couple HA event script examples in Junoscriptorium that might be similar to what you need:

http://code.google.com/p/junoscriptorium/source/browse/trunk/library/juniper/event/HA/