[j-nsp] Sampling Traffic --- Urgent

Uttam Shrestha Rana uttam.shrestha.rana at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 06:29:11 EST 2009

Dear J-NSP Experts!

I am in need of your help in traffic sampling. The scenario in my case:

We have tow upstream provider say upstream A and B connected to my end on
Juniper M10i with JUNOS:9.2. We need to enable sampling or say need to get
the flow of traffic or collect the data connected to our upstream provider
Upstream A and B. Doing on practice we have cflowd configured to get the
traffic sampled, if we enable cflowd for all the interface (Connected to
Upstream A and B) to get sampled traffice will it be giving the exact
sampling.If we enabled sampling both interface input and output, how
sampling sends to the distination server. Please provide us the best
practice to enable sampling to get the exact sampling of the traffic on our
network as we have many customers connected behind the router interfaces.

Regards,
Uttam