[j-nsp] RED Drops with Qos

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Mon Dec 21 16:58:45 EST 2009

Derick,

	FYI after making your suggested changes I am still seeing drops:

show configuration chassis fpc 2 pic 2
red-buffer-occupancy {
    weighted-averaged {
        instant-usage-weight-exponent 9;
    }
}

show interfaces queue ds-2/2/0:1:5:1
Physical interface: ds-2/2/0:1:5:1, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Interface index: 165, SNMP ifIndex: 79
Forwarding classes: 4 supported, 4 in use
Egress queues: 4 supported, 4 in use
Queue: 0, Forwarding classes: be
  Queued:
    Packets              :                   290                     0 pps
    Bytes                :                375596                     0 bps
  Transmitted:
    Packets              :                   268                     0 pps
    Bytes                :                346908                     0 bps
    Tail-dropped packets :                     0                     0 pps
    RED-dropped packets  :                    22                     0 pps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0 pps
     Low, TCP            :                    22                     0 pps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0 pps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0 pps
    RED-dropped bytes    :                 28688                     0 bps
     Low, non-TCP        :                     0                     0 bps
     Low, TCP            :                 28688                     0 bps
     High, non-TCP       :                     0                     0 bps
     High, TCP           :                     0                     0 bps

	Thanks,

	-Scott