[j-nsp] E3 to STM1 demultiplexering

Arda Balkanay ardabalkanay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:34:13 EST 2009

Hi,
We have tried similar scenario as follows and it worked pretty well for us:

4x Channelized E3 --> 4x RAD Optimux-34 (output is 4x16E1) --> SDH DDF (63+1
E1) --> SDH Channelized STM1 --> Juniper PB-1CHSTM1-SMIR

RAD devices works pretty well and stable for demultiplexing and
multiplexing. And we have not had a problem with multiplexed E1s in
Juniper's channelized STM1 PIC. We were using M40e but it is also possible
to terminate in M10is with PA-PICs...