[j-nsp] network engineering

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Fri Feb 6 13:06:33 EST 2009

My apologies I misunderstood your question. However, isn't ICMP into your
connector networks a small thing?  I don't think anything catastrophic
would happen if someone pinged your router and the return traffic took
your primary link.  The traceroute packets would only be discarded if your
ISP has some sort of RPF enabled, which is rare on an internet link.  Even
if they were this would not affect traffic from your users or downstreams.
 I guess you could do filter based forwarding to rectify this behavior,
but it seem a little like putting out a match with a firehose.

Jm2c

Keegan