[j-nsp] SNMP interface index change after upgrade to 9.2

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Fri Feb 13 04:34:06 EST 2009

Hi Patrik,

* Patrik Olsson

> I wont speak for EX, since I am not sure. But for M/MX/T/TX the SNMP
> index for interfaces (used for graphing for instance) should not change
> due to reboot. I have not seen that in my small lab at least.
>
> What JUNOS version do you see this in?

It doesn't happen due to reboots, but due to JUNOS upgrades.  Like I
wrote in my original e-mail, after upgrading from 9.3R1.7 to 9.4R1.8 all
of my graphs stopped working.

(The original poster reported it happened going from 9.1R1.8 to 9.2R2.15.)

The «you'll just have to live with it» answer Malte got from JTAC is
unacceptable coming from a high-end vendor like Juniper.  From a cheap
no-name vendor it would be understandable, but I pay a premium for my
Juniper gear and therefore I expect better.

Regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/