[j-nsp] EX4200 1000baseT SFP unsupported in 9.4

Jeff S Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Sat Feb 14 15:05:23 EST 2009

> Is that an official SFP bought from juniper?
>
> Perhaps they have decided that any SFP NOT from them will no longer
> be allowed to work due to it not having a magic number in its
> memory stored on the SFP.
That was my concern.  I believe I will get a Juniper branded 1000baseT
SFP and try the 9.4 upgrade again.  I was surprised that a Cisco brand
10GBASE-LR XFP continued to work while all my generic SFP-Ts failed to
establish any link.

I had hoped one of the Juniper list readers might comment on this.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz> +1-212-981-0607
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts