[j-nsp] dhcp proxy

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 17:07:38 EST 2009

 DHCP proxy would maintain DHCP client and server function within the box
and it would appear to the external client as a DHCP server and to an
external server DHCP server as a DHCP client.It manipulates DHCP packets
much more than DHCP relay does.
For example when a client issues a DHCP release, it would issue it to the
DHCP proxy rather than the real external DHCP server, which would be the
case in DHCP relay scenario.
Thanks,
Marlon