[j-nsp] Commit delays, Netconf/XML order-of-operations

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Thu Feb 19 11:38:12 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what JUNOS will do if you disconnect a Netconf
session after issuing a commit but prior to receiving the response,
when the candidate configuration is locked?

According to the docs:
	"If the candidate configuration is not committed before the
client application unlocks it, or if the NETCONF session ends for any
reason before the changes are committed, the changes are automatically
discarded. The candidate and committed configurations remain unchanged."

It's not clear to me if the changes count as committed after issuing
the commit operation but before it completes.

I'd test it in my lab, but only my production EX-4200 virtual chassis
seem to take long enough to commit for this to be an issue.

Ross
--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie