[j-nsp] route into inactive state

Joseph Soricelli joe at proteus.net
Wed Feb 25 15:54:12 EST 2009

If you want the BGP route to be in the table but not active you will
need that same route in inet.0 from a different protocol with a lower
protocol preference.

I'm trying to get a better idea of the ultimate goal here. I'm
assuming that you are not in the forwarding path for the routes in
question and that the advertised BGP routes will have traffic flowing
across different routers in the network. If these assumptions are
correct (and you know what happens when you assume!!) then you could
add a static route to discard which will be active in inet.0 and make
the bgp routes inactive.

-joe

Joseph Soricelli
JNCIE #14/ CCIE #4803