[j-nsp] Crashing rpd on 8.5R4.3 on Backup RE (M20)

Callum Barr cbarr at wxc.co.nz
Sun Jan 4 14:40:54 EST 2009

Callum Barr
Network Engineer
WorldxChange Communications Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Staedele [mailto:js at tnib.de]
Sent: 05 January 2009 08:39
To: Callum Barr; 'Nugroho WH Adisubrata'; juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: AW: [j-nsp] Crashing rpd on 8.5R4.3 on Backup RE (M20)

Hi,

We have RE-2.0 with 768MB.. I run a "top" while testing this issue and the ram is not fully used (there's ~70MB of free memory) ... I spent now several days with debugging this issue but didnt come to an end.. The backup RE is syncing with the primary RE .. And after it finished (the CPU usage of rpd goes down) the rpd crashes ...

I put a gdb on the core-file(s) and it's always a aspath_path_reinit that's causing the core dump.

Best regards,

 Joerg