[j-nsp] l2circuit or l2vpn

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Thu Jan 8 13:42:24 EST 2009

I think I missed this in the original post and just mentioned the MPLS
technologies.  I know at least the ERX series supports L2TP.  I have never
done this on juniper equipment so I'm not much help in this respect.  If I
had the choice I'd implement a simple MPLS configuration though since it
will allow more advanced features such as traffic engineering and mapping
the circuits over specific links through admin groups or SRO/RRO (RSVP).
Also, l2circuit/l2vpn is not multipoint, that is the purpose of vpls..

HTH,

Keegan