[j-nsp] VPDN equivalent on juniper

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Thu Jan 8 18:20:57 EST 2009

VPDN terminology in Cisco really equates to a concept rather than a
technology. The tunneling technology is L2TP or L2F. If you are
looking to offer IP termination of DSL lines, then you likely want to
use L2TP and be the "LNS" while the wholesaling provider will maintain
the LAC. The JUNOSe documentation in the BRAS section will fill in
some details on how this works.

Basically, you can terminate the users into specific VPN contexts
(virtual-routers or VRFS) by associating RADIUS VSAs of the
appropriate routing context against the usernames.

You can also terminate L2TP subscribers on JUNOS platforms (acting as
LNS).

Truman