[j-nsp] Traceroute Throught MPLS Core

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jan 13 04:37:24 EST 2009

Hi all.

We recently moved some Cisco P routers over to Juniper.

Since then, we've been seeing [* * *] for traceroute packets
hitting the P routers from anywhere outside the MPLS domain
(there's no issue for PE routers tracerouting within and
outside the domain).

This was working fine before with the Cisco's. We've pretty
much replicated the IOS MPLS configuration for JunOS, and
MPLS forwarding in the core is working fine.

We've tried to use the ICMP Message Tunneling feature, to no
avail.

We've also seen PR/396280 which looks similar to our case,
but uncertain whether it's related.

We are running JunOS 9.3R2.8.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,