[j-nsp] Traceroute Throught MPLS Core

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jan 14 01:06:18 EST 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 07:23:50 pm Anton Delport wrote:

> Hi Mark

Hi Anton.

> You should have ICMP tunneling enabled on all P routers.

We tried this before and it didn't work; perhaps because we
need to do the same on the Cisco P routers (although those
are really collapsed P/PE boxes).

Is it necessary to have ICMP Message Tunneling on the
Juniper-based PE routers as well (we tried that too, but it
didn't help)?

> 9.3R2.8 is affected by PR/396280.

Ah, so it is related :-).

> As the PR mentions, you
> need 2 conditions to be true to be affected by this PR.
> (a) per-packet load balancing
> (b) multiple equal-cost paths on the egress interfaces.
>
> Are these true in your scenario?

Yes, these conditions are true.

Appreciate your feedback, Anton.

Cheers,