[j-nsp] Traceroute Throught MPLS Core

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jan 14 03:14:23 EST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 03:32:40 pm sthaug at nethelp.no
wrote:

> We have working traceroute through our Juniper MPLS core,
> and we *don't* have any ICMP tunneling enabled. We do,
> however, have Internet in the inet.0 routing table, not
> in a VRF.

What code?

Do you have per-flow load balancing/ECMP paths in there too?

Well, our core is BGP free (for IPv4, that is).

What's interesting, though, is that all source addresses
inside our AS are able to traceroute through the core.

All source addresses outside our AS don't have as much luck,
even when they are connected to our customer edge.

v6 traceroute through the core works fine, because we have
those routes in the inet6.0 table in there (no MPLS support
for v6).

Cheers,

Mark.