[j-nsp] Traceroute Throught MPLS Core

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jan 14 04:24:53 EST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 05:08:13 pm sthaug at nethelp.no
wrote:

> Our core is definitely not BGP free - all our core
> routers are part of the IBGP mesh.

We're not sure being BGP free in the core is an issue for
us, because traceroutes from any source address inside our
own AS work fine - the core routers know how to generate a
response back to the IP source (and they don't have that
NLRI anywhere in their RIB/FIB).

We need to get thorough details of the PR from Juniper so we
know exactly what we're dealing with.

We'd like to test earlier JunOS releases, but might not be
able to do so in time.

Cheers,

Mark.