[j-nsp] VPLS and M7i

Samit janasamit at wlink.com.np
Wed Jan 21 07:58:33 EST 2009

Hi list,

I am beginner in terms of MPLS/VPLS technology and Junos. I was just
exploring the possibilities of configuring,testing simulating VPLS using
couple of M7i with  PE-1GE-SX-B interfaces with Catalyst 3400ME doing
QnQ and/or 802.1q (both scenario). As per the doc the built in Gig
cannot be used for MPLS but I was just wondering whould there are any
limitation in features/configuration while using PE-1GE-SX-B and/or any
FE interface for VPLS in below scenario. Furthermore how many VPLS
tunnel  M7i will support and how stable would it be?

Customer---3400ME<-->M7i------M7i<--->3400ME--Customer

Any pointer would be a great help.

Regards,
Samit