[j-nsp] Update on M7

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Thu Jan 22 11:51:13 EST 2009

My understanding is that if you have a flash it has to be 1GB or bigger, but if you don't have a flash then it isn't an issue.

The problem is that JunOS is getting bigger, so the 256MB CF cards that used to be used are no longer large enough to hold the root filesystem. With a hard-disk only router, the system just repartitions the hard drive to have less /var space when it needs a bigger root partition.

As David said, I don't recall anything specific you *have* to do with firewall rules on JunOS 9.x - obviously having a protect RE firewall filter is advisable anyway.

Regards

Michael