[j-nsp] Update on M7

Sean Clarke sean at clarke-3.demon.nl
Thu Jan 22 15:43:10 EST 2009

Juniper's stance would be if it's not a Juniper part, and if there's an
issue with that part (or RE for instance)  the JTAC probably wouldn't
touch it - which I would say is fair enough.
Obviously if the memory is not Juniper's and you've a PIC fault, you
will get support on the PIC issue.

With the flash, you don't need one, you can run off the hard disk only .

The firewall comment .. maybe this has come from a JUNOS-ES comment,
whereby if you run this version, then it turns the box into a firewall
and hence you can't even log into the box unless you allow it to be done.

For standard JUNOS, nothing needs to be added (apart maybe from a
root-authentication password .. it's now mandatory, but can't remember
since when

cheers
SeAN