[j-nsp] EX-series automation, NETCONF woes

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Wed Jan 28 15:40:10 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 11:17:11AM -0800, Derick Winkworth wrote:
> xpath notation can help you find "junos-interface:interfaces" no
> matter where its located.

Can you do that without providing a map that maps the abbreviated
namespace back to the fully-qualified namespace?  If so, I'd love to
know how.

In my understanding, the XPath query ".//junos-interface:interfaces" [1]
only matches
"<http://xml.juniper.net/junos/9.3R2/junos-interface:interfaces>" if I
can somewhere say that
"junos-interface = http://xml.juniper.net/junos/9.3R2/junos-interface".

That just moves the problem to one of making a namespace map.

Ross

[1] - that's the XPath to find the element named "interfaces" from the
namespace that's been abbreviated "junos-interface" in any subtree.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie