[j-nsp] Radius Tags for Subscriber Access on MX

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:51:21 EST 2009

Hi  - does anyone know what those tags below mean? They are used  by
Subscriber Management in Junos to define variables that will receive its
values through Radius. But I've never heard of tags in Radius so I'm not
quite sure how to configure this on Radius.

dynamic-profiles access-profile {
variables {
smap {
radius {
vendor-id 4874 {
attribute 108;
tag 4;
}
}
}
srate {
radius {
vendor-id 4874 {
attribute 108;
tag 1;
}
}
}
grate {
radius {
vendor-id 4874 {
attribute 108;
tag 2;
}
}
}
dbrate {
radius {
vendor-id 4874 {
attribute 108;
tag 3;
}
}
}
}
}

This is from Junos Subscriber Access 9.3 document, page 325.

For each CoS parameter, you must associate a RADIUS vendor ID. For each
vendor
ID, you must assign an attribute number and a tag. The tag is used to
differentiate
between values for different CoS variables when you specify the same
attribute
number for those variables. These values are matched with the values
supplied by
RADIUS during subscriber authentication. All of the values in the dynamic
profile
must be defined in RADIUS or none of the values are passed.

Thanks,
Marlon