[j-nsp] High CPU and interrupts

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:13:01 EDT 2009

JUNOS calculates kernel and user CPU separately so what you want to monitor
is idle CPU.
Idle CPU close to 0 (in single digits) over prolonged period is worth
investigating.
AFAIK, the is no Juniper OID for 5min averaged CPU but you can always write
an event script and populate jnxUtil MIB with numbers from "show chassis
routing-engine" (note that only master RE CPU is displayed so for backup RE
CPU you have to run the script on backup RE as well and somehow get the data
from backup RE to master RE).
Rgds
Alex