[j-nsp] Add vlan to multiple interfaces on EX series

Malte von dem Hagen mvh at hosteurope.de
Thu Jul 2 16:35:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

Matt Stevens schrieb:
> Is there an easy way to add a new VLAN to multiple interfaces on the EX
> series switches? I'd like to be able to use a port range for both adding
> vlans to trunk ports and putting access ports into a specific vlan.

yes, I definitely like to have a "interface range" as well.

> Both seem to only allow actions to be performed on a single port at a time.

yes and no. You may define vlan membership of interfaces below the vlans stanza:

Complete Software Guide for JUNOS® Software for EX-series Switches, Release 9.5

vlans {
  vlan-name {
    interface interface-name;
    vlan-id number;
  }
}

IMHO, it's bad style, though.

rgds,

.m
--
Malte v. dem Hagen

Abteilung Technik - Network Operations Centre
Host Europe GmbH             - http://www.hosteurope.de/
Welserstrasse 14             - D-51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon 0800 467 8387        - Telefax +49 180 5 66 3233*
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln   - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
GF: Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller
*  0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend