[j-nsp] syscall msgs - J series

Matt Yaklin myaklin at g4.net
Thu Jul 9 12:26:02 EDT 2009

I am reading previous mailing list emails and here is a thread about it.

"
[j-nsp] chassisd syslog message

Eric Van Tol
Thu, 01 Nov 2007 21:51:02 -0800

Hi,
I seem to receiving the following message in a J2350 router about every
minute or so:

/kernel: chassisd pid 2922 syscall 54 ran for 1251.115 ms

Is this normal?  It seems that whenever this message is logged, the cli
pauses for a few seconds, giving the impression that the router is
unresponsive.  The same behavior occurs whether the router is fully
configured or just has a factory-default config on it.

Saw this in a J2320, too, so maybe it's normal?

thanks,
evt
"

http://www.mail-archive.com/juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net/msg01686.html

There is probably a JTAC case open and here is the meat of the subject.

"I've now upgraded the two J2320s to 8.5R1.13 and both the syscall
messages and the CLI hangs are gone. Looks like this bug got fixed."

matt