[j-nsp] ADSL PIM on J2350 uses >85% memory

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Wed Jul 15 06:38:58 EDT 2009

Hey folks,

I have a J2350 running various versions of 9.x, when I put a ADSL2+ PIM
into the chassis, the memory utilisation jumps to 85% from 0% with no
ADSL PIM. With a simple config this jumps to 95% or so. When up the
config to the desired 4 ADSl PIMs, the Gig-E interfaces sometimes vanish
and usually I only see 3 DSL PIMs, even though a 'sh chassis hardware'
declares they are all there. All the memory seems to be eaten up by fwdd.

The box has 512Mb of RAM, more then enough for 4 DSL ports and a few routes.

What's happening here? Is 9.x broken?

Thanks,
Leigh Porter
UK Broadband