[j-nsp] MX960 SCB Alarm

Walaa Abdel razzak walaaez at bmc.com.sa
Tue Jul 28 08:10:28 EDT 2009

Experts

Could you please help me in this issue? We have MX960. we were testing
the CB redundancy by removing the master CB and watching the transition
of mastership to the backup one, the transition happened but with the
following alarm:

show chassis alarms

2 alarms currently active

Alarm time               Class  Description

2009-07-28 02:45:51 UTC  Minor  Check CB 1 Fabric Chip 0

2009-07-28 02:45:51 UTC  Minor  Backup RE Active

I need to know the meaning of the CB 1 Fabric Chip 0 alarm and if it's
harmful or not and how to resolve.

The alarm still exist even if I put the master RE back and switch over.
The alarm disappear when I shutdown the box and bring it up again.

BR,

Walaa Abdel Razzak