[j-nsp] PPPOE Termination - J2320?

Alexandre Snarskii snar at snar.spb.ru
Sun Jun 7 09:25:00 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 12:35:49PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm wondering if the J2320 or other J series routers can act as an access
> concentrator for PPPOE clients?  According to the docs it appears this
> platform can only act as a PPPOE client but looking to confirm.

J-series cannot work as PPPoE concentrator.

The only Juniper aside Juniper/Unisphere E-/ERX-series that can work as
PPPoE concentrator for now is M120, however, our SE claims that PPPoE
concentrator functionality will be added to M320 and MX-series later
this year, and at least for MX-series it will require MS-DPC to handle
this role.