[j-nsp] braodcast domain between two ports

Matthias Gelbhardt matthias at commy.de
Wed Jun 10 04:48:47 EDT 2009

Hi!

We would like to achieve the following. At the moment we get an uplink
over one VLAN tagged port, where also other communication flows. We
are now getting another uplink, which will be a point to point
connection, which should be in the same VLAN as the first uplink as we
need a broadcast domain to enable a fully meshed bgp network. At the
moment the initial uplink goes through a switch, so it would be a
solution to connect the second uplink to it. But then we have a single
point of failure.

I would like to have the second uplink connected to physical ports on
our routers and let them switch in the same VLAN over two ports. How
can I achieve that?

Matthias