[j-nsp] EX3200/4200 software | Requesting Clarification

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Jun 10 15:31:43 EDT 2009

Once upon a time, Bill Blackford <BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us> said:
> <rant>
> My other concern is that I seriously hope that Juniper isn't going down the path that Cisco chose to support an endless serious of code forks and thusly creating a Winchester House labyrinth of JUNOS choices.
> </rant>

Well, there's already the rapid proliferation of JUNOS images for
different hardware.  One image hits all the hardware routers (M/T), but
then there's the software routers (J), three different images for EX
switches, and three different images for SRX.

Of course, at the rate the M/T image is growing, maybe it is time to
divide it up as well.  I don't really appreciate having to put 1G CF
cards in routers to hold an image where 80% of the image is for hardware
that cannot install in that router.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>