[j-nsp] ping vs. traceroute in an L3 routing-instance

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Mon Jun 15 18:36:25 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I have some MX240 routers that have been configured with four extra
routing-instances.  Each routing instance has interface routes and a
default route pointing to a different transit provider.

If I try to ping with the "routing-instance" and "source" options, I
get:
	ping: sendto: Can't assign requested address

But, if I use traceroute instead, things work fine.  Am I missing
something silly?

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie