[j-nsp] Hello packets sending on NBMA netwroks

Chris Spears cspears at eng.oar.net
Fri Jun 19 10:55:46 EDT 2009

You need to statically configure your neighbors, per-link.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos91/swconfig-routing/configuring-an-interface-on-a-nonbroadcast-multiaccess-network.html

RFC 2328
         9.5.1.  Sending Hello packets on NBMA networks

             Static configuration information may be necessary in order
             for the Hello Protocol to function on non-broadcast networks
             (see Sections C.5 and C.6).  On NBMA networks, every
             attached router which is eligible to become Designated
             Router becomes aware of all of its neighbors on the network
             (either through configuration or by some unspecified
             mechanism).  Each neighbor is labelled with the neighbor's
             Designated Router eligibility.