[j-nsp] Corrupt jpfe package - missing redundancy

Joerg Staedele js at tnib.de
Sun Jun 28 14:07:09 EDT 2009

Hi,

Today we encountered a interessting thing ...

We had Powerworks on a site and the Router (M20) was'n shutdown properly (the power just got lost) ... After the Powerworks were finished, both RE's came up. The current master RE had some filesystem errors and told that the jpfe package is corrupt. Now the RE was up and tried to start the SSB with that broken jpfe package .. Of course this failed and the whole router was not working properly .. I just switched the RE mastership and then the SSB came up without any problems .. I just reinstalled the whole JunOS on the RE that had the corrupt jpfe package ...

This is a wonderful example that having two different routers is much better that a fully redundant one ;)

Regards,

 Joerg